Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Name Ornaments

Here are some more of the name ornaments that I am currently working on.  I put a order sheet out at work and the next thing I know I have become very busy cutting these out.  They seem to be great sellers.  I have asked everyone to get their orders in as early as they can because I will be bust starting in November with craft shows.
   I will work on getting some better pictures in the future.  These are all cut out of 1/4 inch brown maple.  they are relatively easy to cut and should last a life time.  I expect these to become some nice ornaments passed down from generation to generation.
My mother has ordered a few of these and she said she will be taking orders from her neighbors.
  I have been cutting since early this morning.  I have to take some time off this afternoon due to its finally football season and I really want to be able to sit down and watch a game or two and have a cool adult beverage.
Steve Good from the scroll saw workshop http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/ gave me the idea to get busy on these ornaments so a special thank you goes out to Steve for the inspiration.  Thank you Steve.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I am interested in ordering a few of these - for my kids and I. My husband has one like it from when he was a child and we would like some like it...his is not in a circle - just the name and it was painted with holly and varnished. I believe his mom bought it at a craft show in NY 30yrs ago!!
plz contact me boujamama@gmail.com to get more info thanks