Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mini Bird Houses

I am getting ready for our annual family reunion this Sunday.  It seems to be difficult to get everyone together for one day.  I know I had to miss last year due to a scheduling conflict.  I signed up for a craft show in Schroon Lake NY.  It is the first show of this season.  This year that show will be next week end and I have been cutting and polishing trying to get ready.  The first show of the season seems to set the stage of what to expect for the rest of the season.  We have always done well at this show.  The Shroon lake show is also the first show we ever did.  I believe this is our fifth year of holiday craft shows.
For those of you who follow my blog our family reunion begins with a delicious pot luck lunch and ends with a rousing game of bingo.  Everyone brings several items to the bingo table and the games begin.  Our craft show tours began with several of my Aunts suggesting that I sell my Christmas ornaments.  I immediately went home and started cutting, we did our first craft show approx 3 weeks later and the rest is history.
 These mini birdhouse are for the holidays.  the patterns are from the November 2011 issue of Creative Woodworks Crafts.  the pattern designer is Diana Thompson.  I really enjoy cutting her compound cuts on the scroll saw.  The ornaments here are cut from walnut.  I have been cutting them out of cherry and pine as well.  I will be cutting some for our Christmas tree out of mahogany as we..

No comments: