Saturday, October 17, 2009

Knew this was going to be a bad week.....

It has been one of those weeks. 1st I was down in my shop and my saw broke. Not a biggie I got on the phone and nicely asked Ray from Seyco and he was nice enough to put that part in the mail for me. I will be up and running in a day or two.
This beautiful bridge in this picture is the bridge I use to get back and forth to work. This bridge is in the middle of a 28 mile drive for me. I live in New York and Work in Vermont. This bridge connects the two states and has for 80 years. Yesterday at 1:30 in the afternoon the Dept. of Transportation deemed this bridge unsafe to cross for vehicles and pedestrians. Now my 28 mile drive becomes either a 100 mile each way trip or a 65 mile each way trip with a $20 a day ferry ride in the middle.
I have a great job that I really enjoy and do not want to give it up. They are telling us at this point that the bridge will be closed for a few months. The government telling me it will be just a few months makes me very nervous in itself.
On a good day the drive took me about 40 minutes. I start work at 3:30 am. The first ferry across the lake is about 25 miles away and in the wrong direction and does not start until 5:30. OK well we will get the details worked out. The college that I work at is great about helping in these kind of situations. I guess the point I am trying to make is I will have a lot less time in the wood shop than I used to.
With all of this our craft show season starts in just 2 weeks and half of our shows are on the wrong side of the bridge. This is going to be a fun time I have a feeling.
DUI Help Florida

No comments: